Just when you thought you’d heard it all ...
Authorities in New York say a man distracted jewelry-store employees and then made off with several rings by secretly placing them in his mouth.
Joseph Castro of Middletown, CT, has been arrested and charged with two counts of grand larceny in the third degree, the Daily Progress reports.
The crimes occurred at two stores in Massapequa and Bellmore.
In one case, Castro is believed to have put eight rings in his mouth, according to the newspaper. In all, he’s accused of taking nine rings with a combined value of $20,000.
Police say Castro went into a third jewelry store, and that’s when he was arrested.
He’s also charged with possession of drugs after allegedly being found with heroin.
Read more at the Daily Progress.
Latest Fun Stories
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Ending on a High Note
A sense of relief, like you would not believe.” That’s how Dan Decker of Decker Diamond Jewelers in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania describes his Wilkerson experience. Closing shop when business was good ensured success—but so did the experienced Wilkerson professionals who orchestrated every detail of Decker Diamond’s last sale. Don’t wait until your momentum slows. Reach out to Wilkerson today!
Latest Shine Headlines
- 282 US Jewelry Retailers Closed in the First Quarter
- Distributor Fined $1.6M for Selling Jewelry with High Lead, Cadmium Levels
- 'Incredibly Rare' Blue Diamond Sells for $6.7M, Sets Price Record
- Survey Reveals US Engagement-Ring Cost Expectations — and They're Pretty Low
- Online Luxury Retailer Launches Jewelry Portal, Targets $120M+ in Sales