One suspect is still at large.
A jewelry store owner in Clarkston, MI, was shot during a robbery, but still got into his truck and chased the suspects down.
The owner of Clarkston Jewelry Outlet suffered an injury to his lower back from a bullet that first struck the floor near him, the Oakland Press reports. One of the two suspects also struck him with a gun, police said.
The store owner was treated at a local hospital.
When the suspects, who wore ski masks, left the store with cash, jewelry and a gun that had been stored in a safe, the 51-year-old store owner got into his truck and followed them, according to authorities.
When he discovered them in a parking lot, a dangerous scene ensued: He attempted to block them in, and one of the suspects shot at him. The shots missed.
The Oakland Press reports that at that point, the store owner “rammed their car to stop them from leaving.”
The suspects ran away, and one of them was soon caught by police, but had not yet been charged. The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is still searching for the other suspect.
Read more at the Oakland Press.
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
- Just When You Thought You'd Heard Everything, These Customers Came Along
- Video: Yes, I Replaced Your Watch Battery. No, I Don't Owe You $1,200 for Unrelated Repairs ...
- Reno Retailer Erica Tague Talks Dream Destination, Biggest Challenge and the Worst Thing About Working with Family
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!