Make the mall work for you.
Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s Mad Money, says shopping malls aren’t dead — but there’s a harsh truth that retailers must face.
The fact is that “the mall's rent is too expensive for all but the most exclusive specialty retailers,” he says.
For mass-market stuff, people would rather order online, in many cases from Amazon.com.
That’s bad news for the big guys like Macy’s and Kohl’s. But it’s fine for you as long as you can position yourself as a high-end retailer.
CNBC notes that people still “won't dish $10,000 for a pair of earrings without seeing them in person.”
Apart from that, Cramer says, "Everyone is too cheap to shop at the mall.”
Read more at CNBC
Latest Fun Stories
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Ending on a High Note
A sense of relief, like you would not believe.” That’s how Dan Decker of Decker Diamond Jewelers in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania describes his Wilkerson experience. Closing shop when business was good ensured success—but so did the experienced Wilkerson professionals who orchestrated every detail of Decker Diamond’s last sale. Don’t wait until your momentum slows. Reach out to Wilkerson today!
Latest Shine Headlines
- 282 US Jewelry Retailers Closed in the First Quarter
- Distributor Fined $1.6M for Selling Jewelry with High Lead, Cadmium Levels
- 'Incredibly Rare' Blue Diamond Sells for $6.7M, Sets Price Record
- Survey Reveals US Engagement-Ring Cost Expectations — and They're Pretty Low
- Online Luxury Retailer Launches Jewelry Portal, Targets $120M+ in Sales