Tacori crescent crown studs in silver with 18K gold gem seal and sky blue topaz, $320
Tacori and Gemsone Rhythm Of Love. — Tyler Nogai, Arthur’s Jewelers, Roseville, MN
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in December
Gabriel & Co. (7), Stuller (5), Citizen (4), Pandora (4), Gemsone (3), Lafonn (3), Rolex (3), Royal Chain (3), Allison-Kaufman (2), Cargo Hold Southern Gates (2), Carla (2), Chamilia (2), Frederic Duclos (2), Hearts on Fire (2), Keith Jack (2), Maple Leaf Diamonds (2), Quality Gold (2), Simon G (2), Sylvie Collection (2), Tacori (2), True Romance (2)
* Brands mentioned by more than two of 175 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in February.
- Stuller mounts are very popular, about equaling my custom pieces. — James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- Rose gold diamond fashion and morganite from Allison-Kaufman. Michael Kors ladies’ watches and Bulova men’s Precisionist Collection. Everything from Gabriel & Co. — Emily and Matthew Clark, Spath Jewelers, Bartow, FL
- Thin is in! Halos have taken a backseat to the classic solitaire with an ultra thin, pave diamond band. Rose gold, white and yellow are selling in equal numbers! — Kelly Doyle, Beverly’s Jewelers, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- We just did a local bridal show, so we have had an influx of couples beginning to look at wedding bands. Benchmark continues to be our best brand for the guys, while the girls tend to want more custom bands made to fit their engagement rings. — Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- Doing very well with custom bridal. The brands Just Jules, Pamela Froman and especially the hand-woven chains by House of Rishavy are doing great. — Andrea Riso, Talisman Collection, El Dorado Hills, CA
- We did a lot with Lashbrook this month. We have ordered anywhere from five to ten bands per week. We also sold a lot of Allison-Kaufman semi-mounts and wedding bands. — Erica Lorenz, Michael & Sons, Reno, NV
- Midas Chain 36-inch chains and trapeze necklaces. Charles Garnier bracelets. — Gene Poole, Hudson-Poole Jewelers, Tuscaloosa, AL
- We had a large influx of redesign work come in. Apparently, those who didn’t get the holiday gift they were looking for decided to take matters into their own hands. No pun intended. — Steve Matero, Matero Fine Jewelry & Design, Millwood, NY
- We found self-purchases were made to take the sour taste out of the present political climate. — Steven Wardle, Forest Beach Design, Chatham, MA
- Schurhammer “I Love You” earrings, Tissot watches and Michou silver. — James Wolf, James Wolf Jewelers, Mason, OH
- Stuller’s Silver Chain Solution was a big hit; diamond-cut box chains with large lobster claw clasps sell daily. Custom-designed remount rings using CounterSketch have kept us so busy that extra days were worked each week throughout January. Dainty rose/white/yellow gold and diamond-accented rings and necklaces have been selling faster than we can restock. — Jill Keith, Enchanted Jewelry, Danielson, CT
- Angelica and Intuitions bracelets from Royal Chain Group. Citizen watches continue to be strong. Pearl jewelry also showed an increase. — David Reynolds, Avis Fine Jewelry, Thomasville, NC
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry business serving the public, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- Video: 18 New Styles That Prove Earrings Are Still Awesome
- The Very First Samuel B. Catalog and More Service Stories for June
- Check Out Your Fellow Jewelers' Best-Selling Brands and Products from April
- Marble Mac Covers, Boss Babe Bags and More Jewelry Pro Gear for June
- This is the Necklace Trend that Stole the Show on Recent Red Carpets
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!