Angelica bracelets by Royal Chain in recycled brass, with simulated diamonds and gemstones. $25-35, royalchain.com
Angelica bracelets and gold chains are making a comeback ... the layered look. It’s the ‘70s and ‘80s all over again! — Mark Kasuba, M. Edward Jewelers, Pittsfield, MA
Brands in February
Pandora (5), Berco (4), Gabriel & Co. (4), Lafonn (4), Ostbye (4), Stuller (4), Rolex (3), ArtCarved (2), Carla (2), Classic of New York (2), Gemsone (2), Hearts on Fire (2), Kameleon (2), Quality Gold (2), Royal Chain (2), Simply Diamonds (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 112 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in March.
- Belle Etoile has done very well for us lately. Their bold designs and self-purchase price point make it an easy choice for our customers! — Morgan Bartel, Susann’s Custom Jewelers, Corpus Christi, TX
- Naledi bridal and Lashbrook men’s wedding bands. — John Hayes, Goodman’s Jewelers, Madison, WI
- We had great success with Charriol. Their styling with the steel cable and accent colors made for some great Valentine’s gifts. They also had great backup with promotion materials. — Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
- Alex and Ani sales doubled. Pandora remains strong. Closed out a couple of lines at 50-75 percent off and that generated extra traffic. — Jeff Dennis, Jeff Dennis Jewelers, Gardendale, AL
- In February, we sold many bench repairs! Folks seemed to be cleaning out their jewelry boxes and getting things fixed. One-of-a-kind, antique and vintage-inspired rings were the most popular purchases. — Jill Keith, Enchanted Jewelry, Danielson, CT
- We got in some pieces from Royal Jewelry containing chocolate-colored diamonds, blue diamonds and black diamonds. We were surprised at how much people liked them and saw them as different for diamond jewelry. — Alex Weil, Martin’s Jewelry, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Tucson bargains were unstoppable! Custom-made earrings in fine sapphire, garnet, precious topaz and morganite from BenKhoGems were a monster hit. Tahitian pearls strung with diamond clasps from Yen’s Jewelry — all went bye-bye! Happy jeweler dance! — Denise Oros, Linnea Jewelers, La Grange, IL
- Imperial Pearl, great price points; sold almost all inventory from Christmas! New bridal from Ostybe. — Karen Fitzpatrick, Harris Jewelers, Rio Rancho, NM
- Nothing in particular ... but if I had been selling shovels, I could have made a killing! Too much snow! — Annette Evans, RD Allen Freeport Jewelers, Freeport, ME
- We sold some nice bridal pieces and a good mix of designer jewelry. “Less is more” was the theme for our Valentine’s Day sales. We might have had fewer shoppers than before but bigger and better buyers. Damaso MartineZ seems to be a great fit for us this year. Their designs are flying out of here! — Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- No one item was hot. We distributed approximately 15,000 Valentine fliers from the Berco Company in Chicago by every door direct and had an excellent response mostly in the $199 and under price range, but we did make some sales from the flier at higher prices, too. — James Sickinger, Sickinger’s Jewelry, Lowell, IN
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry business serving the public, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- Video: 18 New Styles That Prove Earrings Are Still Awesome
- The Very First Samuel B. Catalog and More Service Stories for June
- Check Out Your Fellow Jewelers' Best-Selling Brands and Products from April
- Marble Mac Covers, Boss Babe Bags and More Jewelry Pro Gear for June
- This is the Necklace Trend that Stole the Show on Recent Red Carpets
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!