Pearls for a New World
If you think pearls are boring, you’re not paying attention.
STORY BY BECKY STONE
The lustrous luxury of pearls has bewitched human beings for centuries now, from the unpredictable whorls of a gnarled baroque beauty to the smooth sheen of a scientifically-perfected cultured pearl. We’ve come a long way from monotone drops in simple strands; the pearl pieces of today are playful, fearless, and ready to break rules.
Sterling silver necklace with pearls and blue topaz.
(212) 886-6357, honora.com
These pretty pieces make the most of the pearl’s rich history by capturing the classic elegance of this gem in an updated way. Whether they have a direct vintage inspiration or just feel timeless, these designs will appeal to those who think wistfully of their mothers’ and grandmothers’ pearls but crave something extra.
Sterling silver cuff with 14K gold, diamonds and pearls.
(914) 937-1800, vahanjewelry.com
Necklace with Tahitian and freshwater pearls, cabochon pink tourmalines and 24K yellow gold balls.
(646) 230-1122, gurhan.com
18K yellow gold band with pearls and diamonds (0.08 TCW).
(949) 553-8860, judefrances.com
14K yellow gold earrings and ear jackets with diamonds and pearls.
(212) 682-0834, barbeladesign.com
22K yellow gold vermeil bracelet with freshwater pearls.
44 (0) 207 704 1543, dinnyhall.com
18K yellow gold necklace with baroque freshwater pearls.
(800) 347-3275, mastoloni.com
14K yellow gold bracelet with a pearl.
(800) 828-1122, edlevinjewelry.com
24K gold earrings with drop shaped pink pearls.
(201) 933-7200 ext. 1, likabehar.com
Sterling silver pendant with rice pearl strands.
(303) 530-1268, kircollection.com
These progressive pearls don’t just push the boundaries of typical pearl styles; they’ll make you forget that boundaries ever existed. Skirting the cutting edge of design innovation, these pieces are here to make your customers say, “I never knew a pearl could do that.”
18K yellow gold earrings with diamonds and pearls.
(646) 745-6831, jordanalexanderjewelry.com
18K yellow gold pendant with South Sea pearls and diamonds (0.32 TCW).
(702) 800-5085, lustpearls.com
18K yellow gold ring with enamel and a pearl.
(646) 745-6831, sarahhendler.com
14K yellow gold earrings with Akoya cultured pearls and diamonds.
(800) 556-7738, imperialpearl.com
A and Z Pearls
18K yellow gold earrings with Japanese Akoya pearls.
(800) 732-7572, azpearls.com
14K yellow gold pendant with a freshwater soufflé pearl, emeralds and diamonds.
(949) 232-4472, littlehjewelry.com
14K yellow gold wire choker with cultured freshwater pearls and diamonds.
(213) 489-1226, zoechicco.com
18K green gold stud earrings with keshi pearls.
(203) 979-3544, jessicaardenjewelry.com
18K rose gold earrings with pearls and diamonds.
(424) 777-0210, shayfinejewelry.com
This article originally appeared in the August 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- Video: 18 New Styles That Prove Earrings Are Still Awesome
- The Very First Samuel B. Catalog and More Service Stories for June
- Check Out Your Fellow Jewelers' Best-Selling Brands and Products from April
- Marble Mac Covers, Boss Babe Bags and More Jewelry Pro Gear for June
- This is the Necklace Trend that Stole the Show on Recent Red Carpets
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!