Pearls for a New World
If you think pearls are boring, you’re not paying attention.
STORY BY BECKY STONE
The lustrous luxury of pearls has bewitched human beings for centuries now, from the unpredictable whorls of a gnarled baroque beauty to the smooth sheen of a scientifically-perfected cultured pearl. We’ve come a long way from monotone drops in simple strands; the pearl pieces of today are playful, fearless, and ready to break rules.
Sterling silver necklace with pearls and blue topaz.
(212) 886-6357, honora.com
These pretty pieces make the most of the pearl’s rich history by capturing the classic elegance of this gem in an updated way. Whether they have a direct vintage inspiration or just feel timeless, these designs will appeal to those who think wistfully of their mothers’ and grandmothers’ pearls but crave something extra.
Sterling silver cuff with 14K gold, diamonds and pearls.
(914) 937-1800, vahanjewelry.com
Necklace with Tahitian and freshwater pearls, cabochon pink tourmalines and 24K yellow gold balls.
(646) 230-1122, gurhan.com
18K yellow gold band with pearls and diamonds (0.08 TCW).
(949) 553-8860, judefrances.com
14K yellow gold earrings and ear jackets with diamonds and pearls.
(212) 682-0834, barbeladesign.com
22K yellow gold vermeil bracelet with freshwater pearls.
44 (0) 207 704 1543, dinnyhall.com
18K yellow gold necklace with baroque freshwater pearls.
(800) 347-3275, mastoloni.com
14K yellow gold bracelet with a pearl.
(800) 828-1122, edlevinjewelry.com
24K gold earrings with drop shaped pink pearls.
(201) 933-7200 ext. 1, likabehar.com
Sterling silver pendant with rice pearl strands.
(303) 530-1268, kircollection.com
These progressive pearls don’t just push the boundaries of typical pearl styles; they’ll make you forget that boundaries ever existed. Skirting the cutting edge of design innovation, these pieces are here to make your customers say, “I never knew a pearl could do that.”
18K yellow gold earrings with diamonds and pearls.
(646) 745-6831, jordanalexanderjewelry.com
18K yellow gold pendant with South Sea pearls and diamonds (0.32 TCW).
(702) 800-5085, lustpearls.com
18K yellow gold ring with enamel and a pearl.
(646) 745-6831, sarahhendler.com
14K yellow gold earrings with Akoya cultured pearls and diamonds.
(800) 556-7738, imperialpearl.com
A and Z Pearls
18K yellow gold earrings with Japanese Akoya pearls.
(800) 732-7572, azpearls.com
14K yellow gold pendant with a freshwater soufflé pearl, emeralds and diamonds.
(949) 232-4472, littlehjewelry.com
14K yellow gold wire choker with cultured freshwater pearls and diamonds.
(213) 489-1226, zoechicco.com
18K green gold stud earrings with keshi pearls.
(203) 979-3544, jessicaardenjewelry.com
18K rose gold earrings with pearls and diamonds.
(424) 777-0210, shayfinejewelry.com
This article originally appeared in the August 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- Educational Video on Yellow Diamonds, New Training from Lashbrook and More Service News for September
- Luxe Pet Bowls, Instant Ring Re-Sizers and More Jewelry Pro Gear for October
- Here Is August's List of Top Selling Jewelry, According to Our Brain Squad
- This Customer Type Loves Layering Her Jewelry
- East-West Tacori, Gurhan-Varvatos Man-Bling and More New Collections Announced
Forget Postcards ... This Jeweler's 2-Page Letter Brought $80K in Business
Jim Ackerman explains how it worked.