Gabriel & Co. stackables have really been fun for our customers to play with. Just handing them the ring to hold and play with has helped increase sales. — Karen Hollis, K. Hollis Jewelers, Batavia, IL
Stackable rings by Gabriel & Co. in 14K gold with or without diamonds, $250 - $1,290, gabrielny.com
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in January
Gabriel & Co. (9), Hearts on Fire (8), Pandora (7), Rolex (6), Allison-Kaufman (3), Lafonn (3), John Hardy (3), Stuller (3), ELLE (2), Midas Chain (2), Officina Bernardi (2), Rembrandt Charms (2), Vahan (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 152 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in February.
- Large (and we mean large) hoop earrings were really hot. Alex Weil, Martin’s Jewelry, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Artistry is always a strong seller. Our own custom pieces are doing great as well. Gary Youngberg, Ames Silversmithing, Ames, IA
- Garnets always tend to sell well, but our new line from Quality Design Group featuring fancy checkerboard cuts in rose gold got a lot of attention! Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- We sold a lot of garnet jewelry in a variety of colors, which was fun! Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- Diamond studs and we have been reordering ELLE very quickly! Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- We did not sell one specific brand. January was all about repair work for us. We had to size, fix, and adjust all those Christmas presents! Erica Lorenz, Michael & Sons, Reno, NV
- January proved to be a good month for the leftover holiday gift money with customers starting the new year with diamond stackables from Shy Creation and the brilliance of Italian sterling silver from Officina Bernardi. Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
- Intuitions and Angelica (both by Royal Chain) along with Dizeo were the biggest retail boom. Custom was still the blue ribbon winner, however. Ryan “Jr.” Karp, Cornerstone Jewelry, Palos Park, IL
- Custom projects made a mediocre month a great month. Kristin Cornwell, Cornwell Jewelers, Athens, OH
- Pandora is always our No. 1 seller, but we recently opened an account with Midas Chain and we are loving the styles and price points of this jewelry. We are trying to gear towards a younger crowd to teach them about fine jewelry, but at an affordable price for them (also very trendy). Shannon Jackson, Phoenix Jewellers, Windsor, ON
- We had a great month with Breitling! Maybe people didn’t get the Christmas gift they wanted, so they went out and bought what they wanted? Or someone got a nice Christmas bonus? Don’t really know but we sold several pieces, so I’m not complaining. Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- Montblanc pens and diamond earrings. Jill Hornik, Jae’s Jewelers, Coral Gables, FL
- Mark Schneider bridal, Gabriel & Co. and Variety Gem Co. Chuck Kuba, Iowa Diamond, Des Moines, IA
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!