Light, bright, and always a classic, silver shines on.
STORY BY BECKY STONE
Silver can be serious, shiny, silly, seductive, sinuous, sparkly, sleek, subversive, and subtle — sometimes all at the same time. From accessible fashion jewelry to exotic, experimental artistry, silver’s affordability and effortless appeal make it a fantastic multi-tasker.
Frederic Duclos (ABOVE)
Model Tiana Whitley wears sterling silver jewelry by Frederic Duclos, including pyramid lariat necklace ($198) and pyramid lariat earrings ($110). (866) 898-3636, fredericduclos.com
Photographer: Frank Armstrong
Seasons of minimalist stacking jewelry are causing a boldness backlash: structural statement jewelry is on the rise! Subtle styles aren’t going anywhere, but mid-century modernesque abstraction and larger scale designs are surging in popularity — especially on the ear.
Oxidized sterling silver earrings with layers of handformed wires.
(720) 663-7817, nikkinationjewelry.com
Sterling silver earrings.
(319) 431-6980, kristisword.com
Sterling silver cufflinks with round brilliant diamonds (0.008 TCW).
Sterling silver earrings.
(646) 745-6831, arianaboussardreifel.com
kAuge by Kothari
Hammered sterling silver earrings with blue topaz.
(510) 452-5600, kotharidesign.com
Shamila Fine Jewelry
Silver ring with 22K yellow gold, diamonds, and rutilated quartz (15 TCW).
(206) 669-7688, shamila.com
Sterling silver necklace with rhodium finish.
(401) 667-7279, bastian-inverun.com
Hammered oxidized sterling silver cuff bracelet.
(201) 933-7200 (Ext.108), likabehar.com
Thistle & Bee
Sterling silver bracelet.
(888) 288-2801, thistleandbee.net
Silver is a superstar that wears many hats: from insouciant charms to elegant, evening-appropriate cuffs, silver is a superior shape-shifter capable of satisfying so many different needs. Here’s a small sampling of current silver styles’ spectacular diversity.
Sterling silver chain and pendant with crystal beads.
(303) 530-1268, kircollection.com
Sterling silver ring with 18K yellow gold and amethyst.
(800) 622-0960, phillipgavriel.com
Sterling silver charm with purple enamel.
(212) 226-5533, alexwoo.com
ELLE Time and Jewelry
Sterling silver cuff bracelet with rose gold plate.
(469) 221-0866, ellejewelry.com
Sterling silver necklace.
(917) 289-0676, wendybrandes.com
Jane Basch Jewelry Designs
Multi-strand sterling silver and sterling silver vermeil necklace with pearls.
(954) 927-4100, janebasch.com
Sterling silver earrings with moonstones.
(203) 529-5440, erindeluca.com
Oxidized silver cuff bracelet with 24K gold, 14K gold and a rose-cut pink tourmaline.
(212) 730-9523, acanthusjewelry.com
Sterling silver ring with moonstone.
(781) 956-4390, pamelazamore.com
This article originally appeared in the April 2018 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- Educational Video on Yellow Diamonds, New Training from Lashbrook and More Service News for September
- Luxe Pet Bowls, Instant Ring Re-Sizers and More Jewelry Pro Gear for October
- Here Is August's List of Top Selling Jewelry, According to Our Brain Squad
- This Customer Type Loves Layering Her Jewelry
- East-West Tacori, Gurhan-Varvatos Man-Bling and More New Collections Announced
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.