Loose diamonds and bridal by Simon G were on fire! Maria Aguirre, Benold’s Jewelers, Austin, TX
Simon G 18K white gold ring with round white diamonds (1.01 TCW) and pear-shaped white diamonds (0.62 TCW). $8,910 (center stone not included), simongjewelry.com
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in April
Pandora (7), Gabriel & Co. (6), Rolex (5), Hearts on Fire (4), Stuller (4), Lafonn (3), Alex & Ani (2), Cargo Hold (2), ELLE (2), Forevermark (2), John Hardy (2), Kameleon (2), Martin Flyer (2), Quality Gold (2), Rembrandt Charms (2), Royal Chain (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least 2 of 135 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in May.
- Benchmark tantalum wedding bands! New line for us and way outperformed our expectations. Scott Lefcourt, Scottsdale Fine Jewelers, Scottsdale, AZ
- Our strong sellers in April were oval diamonds in custom bridal mountings and color gemstone rings and pendants, particularly in pink! Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- Lika Behar 24K gold jewelry, Tee Jay Originals, Meira T and Gaja Silver Bali “rocked” our Ladies Night Out event. Diamond necklaces, earrings and jackets were the strongest producing categories. Denise Oros, Linnea Jewelers, La Grange, IL
- Gabriel & Co. bridal was our standout category for the month! Another strong line for us this month was Lafonn. LaTisha Holland, Arlene’s Fine Jewelry, Vidalia, GA
- Antique wedding bands, yellow gold in particular. Lauren Priori, L. Priori Jewelry, Philadelphia, PA
- Custom design, ladies’ diamond wedding bands, and Forevermark diamonds led the way. David Mazer, Marks Jewelers, Montgomeryville, PA
- It was a good month for larger colored stones in mixed mountings. James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- For timepieces, we did very well with Breitling and sold a few Piagets as well. We also had a nice month in bridal. We sold several gorgeous engagement rings and some nice anniversary bands. Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- Custom wedding bands and engagement rings seemed to be the hot ticket for April, as well as women who have decided that “treat yo’self” is a great motto! We love this saying! Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- Engagement and wedding bands by Victor Corporation and silver by Berco and Classic of NY. Rosanne Kroen, Rosanne’s Diamonds & Gold, South Bend, IN
- Antique silver pieces, diamond bracelets and black diamonds. Always on the lookout for good art deco jewelry. Donna Soodalter-Toman, DIVA, Newtonville, MA
- Gabriel & Co. engagement rings really rocked. We also did well with Cordova halo birthstone jewelry preorders for Mother’s Day. Leslie’s by Quality Gold yellow gold products are moving nicely also. Shari Altman, B&E Jewelers & Gemologists, Southampton, PA
- Personalized jewelry did well, with many styles such as nameplates making a bit of a comeback, especially in finer gold. Alex Weil, Martin’s Jewelry, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Adjustable chains moved like crazy! Jennifer Farnes, Revolution Jewelry Works, Colorado Springs, CO
- Men’s wedding bands in alternative metals and customized gold/gemstone rings, as well as women’s bands. Jill Keith, Enchanted Jewelry, Danielson, CT
This article originally appeared in the June 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- This Earth-Loving Bridal Customer Type Says "I Do" to Helping the Environment
- Reader Picks for Hottest Brands and Jewelry of July
- These Royalty and Runway-Inspired Engagement Rings Are Fit for a Princess
- Here's the Colorful Engagement Ring Trend That Has Celebrities Saying "I Do"
- From Avant-Garde Pearls to a Lab-Grown Diamond Pendant, These New Pieces Can Make Any Bride Shine
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.