Uno de 50 has been amazing for us! Women and men are both excited and are following us with our new pieces. Karen Hollis, K. Hollis Jewelers, Batavia, IL
Aurora Borealis leather and silver-plated metal alloy bracelet featuring a Swarovski crystal and the Uno de 50 brand name, $199, unode50.com
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in June
Gabriel & Co. (8), Rolex (5), Citizen (3), Lafonn (3), Artistry (2), Carla Corporation (2), Lashbrook (2), Pandora (2), Quality Gold (2), Stuller (2), Vahan (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 186 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in August.
- Bridal sold very well for us, but it's the sterling silver pieces under $200 that seem to fly off the shelf. Andrew Russakoff, Russakoff Jewelers, Skowhegan, ME
- Frederic Sage color, Artistry color and anniversary bands from Bassali made our July very sparkly! Denise Oros, Linnea Jewelers, La Grange, IL
- Our custom designs sold great in July, with most being set with unusual gemstones. We design in both gold and sterling silver to give price options, and necklaces were what sold the best! Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- Pandora seems to be picking up again. I'll be reordering some core diamond pieces, but I'm most excited for the way Bellarri has done! Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- Michou was the hot seller, and we reorder her pieces often. Valerie King, King Jewelers, Cohasset, MA
- Loose diamonds were at the top, semi-mounts second and engagement rings third. Surprised to see that yellow gold chains were selling so well -- over 23 chains for over $8,000! Diamond studs did very well also. Alan Perry, Perry’s Emporium, Wilmington, NC
- Silhouette charms in 14K or sterling bases on hand-cut silhouettes were very popular in July, maybe a fad, but their owners cherish them and will be adding to them as their families grow. It was also a good month for body jewelry. James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- Bridal was hot for the second month in a row! Can't complain about that! We did lots of halos, bypass and freeform designs with "natural" diamonds and moissanite centers. Elysia Demers, Barnhardt Jewelers, Spencer, NC
- Bridal. And custom bridal at that. I'm not a big bridal store, but that category did well for us in July. We had a few other pops here and there of Elizabeth Locke, Breitling and Yossi Harari. But honestly, it was a little quiet as we would expect for the middle of summer. Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- Sterling silver designs from Skosh, as well as custom restyling. So. Many. Halos. Beth Cevasco, Scott’s Custom Jewelers, Fairlawn, OH
- Lashbrook wedding bands, ArtCarved engagement rings, vintage jewelry. Ashton Yates-Woolley, Yates & Co. Jewelers, Modesto, CA
- Martha Seely pearl earrings were a great seller. We also did exceptionally well selling loose color stones from Michael Couch Associates (MCA). Andrea Riso, Talisman Collection, El Dorado Hills, CA
- We are a design house. Our designs sell best. La Vie and Romance by Kim International sold well. The emphasis was on their custom program. Kas Jacquot, Kas A Designs, Jefferson City, MO
- Gabriel engagement rings were definitely rocking it in July (pun intended). Diamond tracer bands in the $1,000 -$1,500 range were hot sellers. Frederic Duclos and Triton wedding bands also had high sales numbers. Shari Altman, B&E Jewelers & Gemologists, Southampton, PA
- We have had an uptick in interest to trade up diamonds. John Hardy has been great with the newest collections. The demand for Rolex continues. Tonia Ulsh, Mountz Jewelers, Camp Hill, PA
- Silver from Quality Gold and Classic of New York, bridal by Victor Corp., loose diamonds and semi mounts. We stockpile closeout earrings from Quality Gold and do a two-week sale. It is good for impulse purchases by repair customers. Rosanne Kroen, Rosanne’s Diamonds & Gold, South Bend, IN
This article originally appeared in the September 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- Educational Video on Yellow Diamonds, New Training from Lashbrook and More Service News for September
- Luxe Pet Bowls, Instant Ring Re-Sizers and More Jewelry Pro Gear for October
- Here Is August's List of Top Selling Jewelry, According to Our Brain Squad
- This Customer Type Loves Layering Her Jewelry
- East-West Tacori, Gurhan-Varvatos Man-Bling and More New Collections Announced
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.