Lafonn has been fantastic. Whatever we put in the case ends up flying out the door! — Emily and Matthew Clark, Spath Jewelers, Bartow, FL
Top-selling jewelry brands in February
Gabriel & Co. (6), Pandora (6), Rolex (6), Allison-Kaufman (5), Stuller (5), Lafonn (4), Roberto Coin (4), Ania Haie (3), Berco (3), Hearts On Fire (3), Quality Gold (3), Shy Creation (3), Sylvie Collection (3), Vahan (3)
* Brands mentioned by at least 3 of 193 Brain Squad members.
- We are very thankful for Shy Creation delivering such a great line of gold and diamond jewelry that is great quality and very reasonable prices. Our Valentine’s Day traffic was pulled to their case and fell in love with the great selections for that special person. — Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
- Custom has been really holding firm, thankfully. And we do well with Stuller as usual. Shah Luxury has been a blessing. New for us last year is Allison-Kaufman; we have been super happy with the turnover. — Sherrie Schilling-Devaney, Sherries Jewel Box, Tigard, OR
- ELLE jewelry, new styles. Lafonn jewelry, new styles. All types of bridal jewelry and bands. — Shannon Preston, Crown Jewelry, Altus, OK
- Lab-grown diamond engagement rings in custom mountings (using lab-grown melee — it’s all about sustainability over here), as well as Leslie’s by Quality Gold diamond glimmer earrings for Valentine’s Day. — Beth Cevasco, Scott’s Custom Jewelers, Fairlawn, OH
- The Doves by Doron Paloma line performed well this month. These exquisite pieces reflect the romance of the month. — Joe Caron, Caron’s Jewelry, Bristol, RI
- Ania Haie was a great addition from the RJO show, and we seemed to do well with the new Pandora charms for Valentine’s Day. — Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- What happened? Pandora was insane! — Debbie Fox, Fox Fine Jewelry, Ventura, CA
- Diamond studs are always a great seller for us. We’ve also been doing amazing with Ania Haie, Michou and Tracy Arrington. These designers put beautiful effort into their designs, and the price points are amazing. — Shannon Akridge, Clater Jewelers Diamond Center, Louisville, KY
- Three-stone engagement rings in two-tone are very hot right now. I’m seeing an upward trend of people wanting radiant cuts, as well as marquise cuts. (Hello, the 80’s are back! Lol.) — J Hollywood Designs, Chester Springs, PA
- This month, we sold an unbelievable number of watches from Panerai, Breitling, and Tudor. All our mid- to higher-priced bar ads did great. Entry level, not so much. Roberto Coin jewelry, Mikimoto, and jewelry basics like hoops, studs, and straight-line bracelets were hot. — Steven B. Goldfarb, Alvin Goldfarb Jeweler, Bellevue, WA
- Samuel B. was the line that did well in February. — Christopher Sarich, Noah Gabriel & Co. Jewelers, Wexford, PA
- Our Southwest case did really well. We have about 200 sterling pieces in our case. February was turquoise month 🙂 — Tommy Thobe, The Village Gem, Perry Hall, MD
- Hamilton watches, also pre-owned luxury like Rolex. Several nice engagement rings in Noam Carver mountings. Frederic Duclos continues to sell well also. — Brian McCall, Midwest Jewelers and Estate Buyers, Zionsville, IN
- Gabriel & Co. We do well with Gabriel because they offer nice styles at reasonable prices. Simon G. has also always done well in my store. Outstanding design and quality. — Donnie Blanton, Brittany’s Fine Jewelry, Gainesville, FL
- Individually created pieces are up, though clients are taking longer to revisit or decide. — Bob Fisher, R.C. Fisher, Hendersonville, NC
- Wedding bands and engagement rings, along with Valentine’s Day, during which the average ticket was $200. — Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- My wire-wrapped bracelets are always great sellers, but I also sold quite a few semi-precious gemstone pendants. — Janne Etz, Contemporary Concepts, Cocoa, FL
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you’re invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.