Connect with us


Retailers See Benefits from Same-Day Delivery: Survey

Retailers find revenue and customer satisfaction rise when they offer same-day delivery.




Retailers See Benefits from Same-Day Delivery: Survey

Despite increased operating costs, retailers are finding the benefits to both revenue and customer loyalty when they offer same-day delivery, according to a survey by logistics management platform Roadie.

One-third of retailers surveyed reported their saw revenues increase more than 10 percent after implementing same-day delivery. 70 percent reported an increase in overall sales, 80 percent reported higher customer satisfaction rates and 66 percent reported higher retention rates.

However, 79 percent of retailers reported operational costs rose after implementing same-day delivery services.

“Same-day delivery isn’t just a competitive advantage for retailers, although it’s a critical one. It’s also a money-maker,” said Marc Gorlin, Founder and CEO of Roadie in the release of the survey. “To compete, retailers have to offer a menu of delivery options to let the customer choose when and how they want their purchase, each and every time they buy. But the potential payoff is clear – same-day delivery is a data-backed revenue-generating channel.”



This Third-Generation Jeweler Was Ready for Retirement. He Called Wilkerson

Retirement is never easy, especially when it means the end to a business that was founded in 1884. But for Laura and Sam Sipe, it was time to put their own needs first. They decided to close J.C. Sipe Jewelers, one of Indianapolis’ most trusted names in fine jewelry, and call Wilkerson. “Laura and I decided the conditions were right,” says Sam. Wilkerson handled every detail in their going-out-of-business sale, from marketing to manning the sales floor. “The main goal was to sell our existing inventory that’s all paid for and turn that into cash for our retirement,” says Sam. “It’s been very, very productive.” Would they recommend Wilkerson to other jewelers who want to enjoy their golden years? Absolutely! “Call Wilkerson,” says Laura. “They can help you achieve your goals so you’ll be able to move into retirement comfortably.”

Promoted Headlines

Most Popular