“The licensed collegiate jewelry from Quality Gold has done great in sterling silver!” — Traci Hill, Got Rocks, Harrisonburg, VA
Quality Gold sterling silver LogoArt James Madison University medium crest pendant, $69, qgold.com
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in September
Gabriel & Co. (7), Rolex (5), Allison-Kaufman (3), Berco (3), ELLE (3), Hearts on Fire (3), John Hardy (3), Les Georgettes (3), Pandora (3), Carla (2), Kit Heath (2), Lashbrook (2), Naledi (2), Ostbye (2), Roberto Coin (2), Royal Chain (2), Simon G (2), Vahan (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 131 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in November.
- “The amethyst, rose gold and pearl jewelry from Imperial and lovely rose gold and amethyst earrings and rings from Allison-Kaufman have been walking out the door!” — Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- “Lovebright diamond cluster earrings by ASHI in the half- to three-quarter-carat range, Vahan bracelets and Carla yellow gold earrings, especially medium-size hoops.” — Dorothy Vodicka, The Gem Collection, Tallahassee, FL
- “For sure reordering Les Georgettes bracelets and ELLE fashion jewelry! Lots of engagement ring inquiries as well … hoping to sell some “Thanks-blinging”!!” — Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- “Angelica bracelets and Intuition bracelets (both by Royal Chain) are doing really well!” — Paul Krueger, Krueger Jeweler, Fort Atkinson, WI
- “Custom engagement, stack rings, and gray diamonds continued to be popular.” — Lauren Priori, L. Priori Jewelry, Philadelphia
- “Big diamonds! Seems to be a welcome trend in our area, especially when we are putting them into custom Naledi and HL Manufacturing rings!” — Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- “Seiko watches are selling very well for us! The other category that is continuing to trend up for us is Gabriel & Co. bridal and fashion; we love their quality, selection and service!” — LaTisha Holland, Arlene’s Fine Jewelry, Vidalia, GA
- “Any of our silver lines. Had a big fall sale on it. DIzeo was big.” — Ryan “Jr.” Karp, Cornerstone Jewelry, Palos Park, IL
- “Little 10K Victorian rings in the price range of $125-$375 sell like crazy! Wish I could re-order!” — Patty Gallun Hansen, Dorothy Gallun Fine Jewelry, Cedarburg, WI
- “It took a while but now it seems that with gold prices settled down a bit and consumers getting used to pricing sales of gold jewelry have steadied and we see demand.” — Alex Weil, Martin’s Jewelry, Manhattan Beach, CA
- “Bassali did well for us this month.” — Lee Krombholz, Krombholz Jewelers, Cincinnati, OH
- “John Hardy, Rolex, Stephen Dweck and engagement rings.” — Tonia Ulsh, Mountz Jewelers, Camp Hill, PA
- “It seems that the necklace and earring combos are the best-sellers.” — Glyn Jolly, G.J. Enterprise, Victoria, TX
- “Diamonds in all areas sold very well; studs and engagement rings, along with loose with semi-mounts, were way up.” — Alan Perry, Perry’s Emporium, Wilmington, NC
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you’re invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.