(PRESS RELEASE) NORWALK, CT — The JCK Show and Luxury by JCK successfully reunited the jewelry industry with the largest, most comprehensive jewelry trade shows since the pandemic began. The shows brought a return to successful business and healthy optimism, with order writing and product launches and trend discovery primary focal points of most in attendance. Spanning 20 different neighborhoods, over 1,200 exhibitors and more than 10,000 qualified buyers gathered, with government-mandated face-coverings, at The Venetian Expo for the JCK Show from August 27-30, with GEMS opening a day early on August 26, and Luxury open by invitation on August 24-26. The educational seminars, product and trends discovery, networking and special events added unique value that can only be found at JCK and come from live in-person shows.
“Being back at The Venetian with our amazing jewelry community was an incredibly special experience. We thank the industry for coming together, our vendor and retail partners and all our industry friends and supporters under challenging circumstances, and supporting the show including the health and safety measures put in place to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all in attendance,” says Sarin Bachmann, Group Vice President of RX Jewelry Group. “The showfloor was buzzing with energy as vendors and retailers reconnected with a shared passion for jewelry. Some of our exhibitors noted this was their biggest show in terms of orders in the history of their participation with any show, and we believe that’s an indication of a strong holiday and retail season ahead. The trends spotted also indicated a turn toward optimism in both the jewelry industry and its consumers with bright colors, heart motifs and bold structural elements like chain links some of the favorites seen on the showfloor.”
Top design trends featured at the show included an array of bright colors, meaningful motifs and functional jewelry designed for today’s more casual lifestyles. Happy colors reflected a mood of post-lockdown celebration, especially vibrant blue gems like turquoise and opal, yellow in fancy yellow diamonds, sapphires, and citrine, as well as rainbow multi-color themes.
Emotionally evocative jewelry was also abundant, especially heart motifs, zodiac, tarot, and initials, all perfect for the personalization trend in accessories.
Pearls continue to enjoy the limelight, driven by the fashion runways.
Convertible jewelry and/or clasp-free jewels align with the more casual nature of modern lifestyles and the ongoing popularity of athleisure wear.
Necklaces are making a comeback, both statement and layering options.
While “Zoom-worthy” earrings held strong, in terms of new and unique features seen on the showfloor, paperclip-inspired chains and fringe on earrings and necklaces were a favorite of editors and stylists walking the show.
The machinery and technology section of the show enjoyed significant traffic, indicating the industry’s continued commitment to innovation.
Exhibitors reported strong sales noting that buyers were eager to stock up for the coming holidays with sincere optimism.
“We had an incredible show, our best ever, and still more proposals to finalize,” said Luxury exhibitor Niveet Nagpal, President of Omi Privé.
“The exhilaration was palpable, and this was absolutely one of our best shows in years! The retailers and vendors rallied to gear up for what many are forecasting to be one of the busiest holiday seasons to come,” stated JCK exhibitor May Samuel, Vice President of Marketing & Design of Midas Chain.
Retailers reported gratitude for the opportunity to safely see jewelry in person. “I am very glad I attended,” said Olivia Cornell, President of Cornell’s Jewelers. “I have been finding it difficult to buy jewelry virtually. Discovering new vendors and reconnecting with my existing partners was extremely valuable. Seeing trends and people in person was also greatly appreciated!”
“There is an energy and reinvigoration that happens at JCK that truly cannot be replicated. We have such a fun and productive experience annually at JCK and Luxury, and this year more than ever! We are so thankful to reconnect with the jewelry industry’s best and brightest to discover all the new designs, trends and of course, celebrate in-person with our partners and friends,” says Alexis Padis, President of Padis Jewelry.
“JCK has proven once again that the show is the destination that brings together the most comprehensive and diverse segments of the jewelry industry and the premier destination for order writing, inspiration, education, networking, and celebration! We look forward to providing more value to our partners and opportunities to stay connected both in-person and digitally throughout the year,” states Bachmann.
Special events offered educational and networking opportunities with highlights at JCK including:
- JCK Keynote – an invigorating panel discussion on the past 18 months and its impact on the retail industry, consumer spending, diversity and inclusion and brand loyalty featuring executives from Pandora, The National Retail Federation, The Black in Jewelry Coalition, Jewelers of America and eBay, along with RX Jewelry Group, Group Vice President Sarin Bachmann.
- JCK Talks – daily education programming for jewelry professionals exploring trends, tools and insights necessary to succeed in the current retail jewelry climate.
- Live Podcast Zone – live podcasts recorded from the show floor podcasts featuring the industry’s top podcasters and brands such as Rapaport, Joy Joya, JCK Magazine and more.
- JCK Bootcamps – half-day, expert-led intensives on social media and succession planning.
- The Future Lab – a content creation zone, powered by The Smithee Group, allowed attendees to get tips and hands-on advice on the formula for future success in social media, marketing, content and technology.
- The Plumb Club Pavilion returned with a coalition of best-in-class and responsible suppliers and featured complimentary snacks and beverages in The Plumb Club Cafe; TPC-365 and The Jewelers Resource Center an interactive business tool and meeting platform; details on the consumer statistics revealed in TPC’s Industry & Market Insights 2021 research study; and exhibitors who all commit to corporate and consumer responsibility via membership in the Responsible Jewellery Council.
- Le Vian Annual Red Carpet Revue – an invite only event and charitable fundraiser featuring red carpet arrivals followed by a trend forecasting for 2022 presentation, fashion show and over half a million raised for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The Revue revealed 2022 trends that were seen throughout the show floor including yellow diamonds, heart shaped jewelry and platinum as a top metal.
- Jewelers For Children 21st Annual Facets of Hope Gala – honored Virginia “Gina” C. Drosos of Signet Jewelers and Mercedes Abramo of Cartier and included a silent auction to benefit the Jewelers For Children mission.
- JCK Design Awards – were voted on by editors and presented in the categories of New & Noteworthy, Bright & Bold, Zoom Worthy and Diamonds Do Good.
Luxury Events highlights included:
- Luxury Keynote – “The Cartiers: Overcoming Adversity” was sponsored by Natural Diamond Council and featured Francesca Cartier Brickell, Louis Cartier’s great-great-niece, discussing her bestselling book, The Cartiers: The Untold Story of the Family Behind the Jewelry Empire. The presentation included stories about Cartier Brickell’s ancestors and how they followed their dream to turn a small Parisian store into one of the leading jewelry firms in the world, and how they overcame continual adversity to keep the dream alive.
- Luxury Keynote – presented by De Beers Group’s Executive Vice President Stephen Lussier and Chief Brand Officer David Prager, “The Power of Purpose-Led Brands” provided an interesting presentation on how De Beers sees the ongoing consumer focus brands that are demonstrably purpose-led as a tremendous opportunity, rather than a risk, for the diamond industry, and what De Beers is doing to transform its own brand to connect differently with consumers.
- Luxury Lounge sponsored by Bentley Jewellery – a Bentley car valued at over $360,000 was available for retailers to view and learn more about the unique and classic craftsmanship up close on the Luxury showfloor.
- Luxury Café – artwork installation with photo opp moments and coloring area created by Kicks by Sammy included morning coffee and afternoon bar and original DJ tunes spinning all day long.
What’s to Come
In the past year, JCK has evolved its brand to serve its community both in person and year-round through existing and newly launched online platforms. The jewelry community can now engage year-round with JCK for industry insights, trends, product ordering and meetings with top vendors. Up next from JCK:
- Following the success of the show, JCK is offering Post-Show Deal Days at JewelersSource.com, September 9-10. Visit the online marketplace to discover trends from JCK and Luxury’s showfloor, browse and search jewelry product online and schedule virtual meetings with vendors you may have missed at the show. Exclusive specials will be on offer during the Deal Days.
- For any who missed the education at JCK, some of the show’s best JCK Talks sessions and all Keynote addresses will be available in the coming weeks via JCK Pro, JCK’s annual subscription to exclusive insights and experiences only JCK can provide. Subscribe today at JCKonline.com/pro.
Save the Date 2022
JCK announced the dates for the 2022 event onsite, back to its typical summer timeframe and celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the JCK Show. JCK Show will be held at The Venetian Expo, Las Vegas from Friday, June 10 – Monday, June 13, 2022, with invitation only days for Luxury from June 8-9. Stay updated on 2022 show announcements at lasvegas.jckonline.com or by following @JCKEvents on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This special anniversary year will feature many special events including the opportunity to attend The Plumb Club’s, by invitation only, Gala Event on June 10th, featuring Katy Perry in her new concert “Play”. Please contact a Plumb Club member for more information.
“We are looking forward to JCK 2022, when we will join with our entire Industry to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the JCK Show. In addition to our Gala Event featuring the one and only Katy Perry, The Plumb Club anticipates returning to all of our regular pavilion programming,” says Victor Weinman, Plumb Club Pavilion Chairman.